Medical professionals should rightly be held to high standards of care. They undergo extensive training and lengthy education to earn their credentials. In many situations, they literally hold patients’ lives in their hands.
In many fields of medicine, something can go wrong in the blink of an eye, leading to significant and lifelong consequences. Negligence on the part of physicians, surgeons, nurses and other health care professionals can leave a wave of tragedy in its wake. Depending on the circumstances, the hospital or health care facility may also potentially be liable for medical negligence or malpractice.
A Reputation For Success In The Medical Negligence Field
At Humphrey Law Firm, P.C., in Des Moines, our attorney handles medical negligence and malpractice cases on behalf of victims and their loved ones. Lawyer Marc A. Humphrey has decades of experience in this intricate and complex field of injury law. Over the course of his career, he has developed a renowned reputation for his success in handling medical negligence cases. Many of his cases in this area come as referrals from other attorneys who are aware of Mr. Humphrey’s mastery of this niche field.
Our firm handles all types of medical negligence cases. Common types of negligence include:
- OB-GYN negligence, including inadequate fetal monitoring, failure to order a cesarean section and improper handling of crisis situation
- Birth injuries such as shoulder dystocia, brachial plexus injuries, hypoxia and brain injuries
- Surgical errors such as perforated bowels, surgical instruments left inside the body cavity, post-surgical infections and other complications
- Anesthesia errors resulting in cardiac arrest, brain injuries or other significant harm
- Delay in diagnosis or treatment of serious injuries such as subdural hematomas (brain bleeds) and descending aortic aneurysms (internal bleeding in the chest area)
- Medication errors involving dangerous drug interactions, wrong or missed dosages and other types of errors
No matter what type of medical error occurred, if you or a loved one sustained serious injuries at the hands of a medical professional, our firm can help you pursue justice. We are passionate about protecting the rights of the underdogs and pursuing justice on behalf of everyday people across Iowa. You can expect diligent, tenacious advocacy and personal, hands-on service from our attorney and staff.
We Win Cases – Get A Proven Advocate On Your Side
Considered one of the most experienced Iowa medical negligence attorneys in the entire state, Marc A. Humphrey is known for taking on difficult and complicated medical negligence and hospital error cases. Learn more about how we can help you by calling 515-331-3510 for a free and confidential consultation – or contact us online. We handle cases statewide, and we offer contingency fee representation, which means you will owe nothing in attorney fees unless we obtain recovery for you.