Iowa Nursing Home Residents’ Rights Law Firm
Since 1980 Humphrey Law Firm, P.C., has been providing representation for those who have been wronged. At Humphrey Law Firm you will never be treated as just another client. Attorney Humphrey considers it an honor and a privilege to help Iowans pursue justice for you and your loved one.
We have a thorough knowledge of the Nursing Home Residents’ Rights and we will hold negligent Iowa nursing homes and their employees accountable for negligence, abuse and discrimination. These rights were established in the Nursing Home Reform Act and are detailed below:
- The right to freedom from abuse, mistreatment, and neglect
- The right to freedom from physical restraints
- The right to privacy
- The right to accommodation of medical, physical, psychological, and social needs
- The right to participate in resident and family groups
- The right to be treated with dignity
- The right to exercise self-determination
- The right to communicate freely
- The right to participate in the review of one’s care plan, and to be fully informed in advance about any changes in care, treatment, or change of status in the facility
- The right to voice grievances without discrimination or reprisal.
All residents of nursing homes are protected under state and federal law in the form of nursing home patient rights. It is important for anyone considering placing a loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility to be well aware of these rights. Many times, the rights of residents are violated by abusive or neglectful staff members who are supposed to provide care and protection to your elderly family member.
Elder law attorney Marc A. Humphrey combines his knowledge of nursing home negligence with his three decades of experience protecting the rights and interests of all Iowans and their families. Elderly Iowans can be exploited physically, emotionally, and financially, and the nursing home and assisted living staff who employ these methods of exploitation, discrimination, negligent care and abuse need to be held accountable for their actions.
Contact an Iowa Nursing Home Residents’ Rights Law Firm
For more information or to schedule an appointment regarding Iowa Nursing Home Residents’ Rights and any possible exploitation, physical restraint, mistreatment, abuse or neglect of your family member, contact Marc A. Humphrey at 515-331-3510.